Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Body of Lies..


I think Jess gets a bit of credit for picking this book out for me. I love reading about terrorism and the military and things of this nature. This book, which by the way is about to come to the theater starring Russell Crow and Leonardi DiCaprio, was an excellent story. The main plot of the story details an elaborite plan that I feel I could've thought of I were in the CIA!! I like to think of things I would do to find the "bad guys" if I were in the CIA or in some sort of intelligence field. But to be honest, I've never even come close to thinking of some of these ideas that the group in this book came up with. It opens your eyes to a whole new way of thinking and collecting intelligence and flushing out the enemies from hiding. I think this guy, the one who Leonardo will be playing has the perfect job if you weren't married. You have the chance to protect your country, find and kill the bad guys, and have access to all sorts of crazy information. And you get to actually come up with some of the plans that will bring about a much safer country. Maybe one day I'll work for the CIA. Anyway, back to the book.....I was drawn in from the beginning and was still left wanting the story to continue once the book was over, even though the book came to a great ending. I liked it. Interesting characters who some you respect and others you don't. It makes me wonder if a liberal wrote this book b/c I ended up respecting the people you would think I wouldn't.

I'll give it 4 out of 5 again. Most likely I'll never give anything less than that b/c if it's worse than that, I'll just put the book down.

Great! 4 out of 5

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Nick...I don't think that you will work for the CIA because in all the movies the people that work for the CIA always end up DEAD!!!
So, sorry not going to happen in this lifetime for you...

Thanks for giving me some credit with picking out this book...I the best :)

Angie said...

Oh, I'm glad you reviewed this book. I remember you mentioning that you had read it. The previews for the movie look really good! You'll have to let us know how the movie holds up to the book.

I think Nick would be great for the CIA, he is so tricky with all his lies, um I mean stories!!

Jessie said...

Angie....don't encourage him!!!

Nick said...

we have to think of ways to get other people to come to this site. otherwise we're just talking to ourselves!!!