Monday, August 25, 2008

Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson



I read Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson about a month ago. I enjoyed it very much. It was a very easy read, just 300 pages, so I was able to finish it in one day. It took me a couple of chapters to get into it, about halfway through it started getting really good and I couldn't put it down!

The book at the beginning is about a little girl, Jane, who has a mother who is beautiful and rich, but is very cold to her. She has an imaginary friend, Michael, who is her best friend and the only one who loves her. He leaves her when she is eight and the rest of the book is about the grown up Jane and how her life turned out. Michael somehow pops up in her life again and it is interesting to see her reunited with him when she is adult.

There was just a little bit of bad language and a little sexuality, maybe PG-13 worth. The story was an interesting and different spin on a love story that I think women will enjoy! We really haven't come up with a rating system yet, so until then I'll just say I would rate it 3 high fives.

Oh, the only think I didn't get was the cover, the girl on the cover has dark hair and the main character, Jane is blond, that was strange!

5 comments:

Jessie said...

Good Job Angie!! I have been wanting to read this book ever since you said it is good and I always pick it up when I am at Costco but then I end up putting it back down!! It sounds like a good read...I will buy it and read it someday!!

So, guess what book I just bought?
The Historian I ordered it off Amazon Hardcover for Bargain price of 8 bucks....YAY!!!

Okay...so I bought this other book Water for Elephants and suprisingly I like the story in it and I am about half way through the book but it has TERRIBLE language and a lot of SEXUAL content throughout. Last night I was feeling so bad for reading it that I put it down. I told Nick that I am not sure if I will be able to finish it and I always finish every book that I read even if I don't like it!! I am not sure if I will be able to finish this one but I want to know what happens in the end!!!

Nick said...

whatever, Jess can't get that book down!! I think this is her 3rd time reading it!!

Angie said...

Yeah, I've seen that book at the store. It has and interesting cover. You'll have to tell me how it is if you finish. Yay, The Historian, that is a good price especially since the book is huge! Maybe we will be reading it at the same time. If I can ever start and finish Breaking Dawn. I might be able to read it this weekend, since ya'll are no longer coming down. Tear, tear . . .

Benson Fam said...

I'm intrigued, I've seen this book and have wanted to read it. Now I'm motivated to hit the library and let the reading commence.

Angie said...

Ok, I must add a post script that this book isn't awesome or great. I say that because I've read some reviews of people that hated it and thought it was boring. But I did like it and it was an easy/pleasant read. I say if you really enjoy love stories, then go for it!